The main goal of xCrud Pro 1.0 is to reduce the development time while providing a cutting edge robust solution.
xCrud Pro 1.0 utilizes xCrud 1.7 library in its framework.
xCrud Pro has the following modules
- Authentication Module
- User/Role Configuration Module
- Role/Menu Configuration Module
- xCrud 1.7
All xCrud 1.7 features are incorporated into xCrud Pro. It has a Full Bootstrap UI Theme integration
With xCrud Pro, you are left dealing with xCrud pages & business logic only.
If you have an existing xCrud 1.7 application, you can easily migrate it to the new xCrud Pro.
About xCrud Pro
In most cases, solutions require an authentication feature to allow users access the system. xCrud Pro provides a login form that authenticates users against user records in the database.
Before usage the following items have to be configured
- User is created in the system and given a password.
- A role is created in the system.
- Menu Tree is created for the role
- User is allocated a role
- User can now login, select the allocated role and proceed to main page. User will only see the menu items that belong to the selected role
User is created in the system and given a password.
xCrud user has a superuser account which is used to configure the rest of the accounts.
The superuser account by default has the following credentials. Deletion for this account is disabled.
username: admin password: abc123
Once you have deployed the application to the production environment, it is important to change this password and create a complex password for security purposes.
Authentication module provides a login form which is launched on the application access.
This allows for users to be authenticated before accessing the system. It is activated by default with the downlodable copy.
Upon successful login, user is directed to choose a role and after clicking ‘Proceed’, he is redirected to the main application landing page which for our instance is the dashboard.
To add a new user, do the following
- login as admin.
- On the role select window choose the role ‘xCRUD Pro User/Role Management’.
- Navigate to User/ Role on the left menu
- Click ‘Add User’ and a form to add user will appear.
- Add user details and save.
Create role in the system
To create role in the system after login navigate to the menu on the left and click ‘Menu/Role’. Then click ‘Add’
After adding and clicking save & edit, a new tab for adding menu items will appear on the window.
Menu Tree is created for the role
To add a menu item for a specfic role navigate to menu item Role/Menu and a list of all roles will appear.
- Click ‘Edit’ against the role you wish to add the menu item.
- Then click the tab ‘Menu’ and you will see the option to click ‘Add’ for adding a new menu item.
- When you click ‘Add’, a form to enter a menu item will appear
Page with Data
Explanation of Fields for Menu Item Form
|Menu Name||The menu name that appears on the menu|
|Parent Menu||Select the parent menu. If a parent menu is not included, the menu that is being added will be the parent meaning it will not have a child. If you select a parent, the new menu will become a child of the parent menu selected.|
|Order Sequence||This a number that you key in to specify the order in which the menu appears. A higher number means the menu will apear lower than a number which lower than what was entered.|
|icon||The icon that is appended infront of the menu name. This option is not active for xCrud version 1.0. It will be an update feature within a short time.|
|Description||A simple description of the menu item for documentation purposes.|
|isActive||This field is used to activate or deactivate the menu item. if ‘Yes’ it means the menu is visible. if ‘No’ the menu is not visible.|
|Page Link||This is the php page that is called when the menu item is clicked. All php pages are stored in the ‘pages’ direcrtory in the root folder for xCrud Pro.|
Once a menu item is added and saved successfully, it is able to be viewed by a user with the given role.
User is allocated a role
To allocate user a given role, login and navigate to the menu and click on ‘User/Staff’
A list of all users will appear.
- Select edit on the user you wish to allocate the role.
- On the form that launches, you will see a ‘user role’ tab. Click on it
- Then Click ‘Add’ user role.
- A form to add the role will appear. The form has a list of all available roles
- Save and return.
User can now login, select the allocated role and proceed to main page. User will only see the menu items that belong to the selected role
If you login you with a user, you are able to select only the role provided to the user. You can also view only the menu that is allocated to that role.
Form & Page Configuration
xCrud Pro has a simple directory structure. The most important directories include
|/Pages||This directory contains all xCrud pages that can be referenced by the menu|
|/lib||This directory contains the xCrud 1.7 library and uploads folder where uploaded pictures are stored|
|/css||The theme css is located in this folder and can be altered to suit your need.|
All demo pages/forms that are currently in xCrud 1.7 have been loaded in the pages/ directory of xCrud Pro.
All forms apart from login and role select are basically xCrud configurable pages.
Migration of existing Project
To migrate existing application ensure you do the following.
- Move all you xCrud pages to the ‘pages/’ driectory
- Configure the menu items and point to your xCrud pages
- Configure users and roles and you are good to go.